With a full range of capacities from 30-400 GPM (6-100 m3hr) and pressures reaching 1600-psi (110 bar) the GTO GATOR® offers a variety of pump choices. A robust power frame, features that include only two basic working parts: 1) a rotating case and 2) a stationary pick-up tube, and a mechanical seal that only seals against suction pressure, ensure pump reliability in the most demanding applications.
The GTO GATOR® is a Heavy-Duty oil lubricated Pitot tube pump designed for critical applications. It is the most reliable high-pressure pump in the marketplace.
Unlike conventional centrifugals and piston pumps that have a narrow window of operating performance, the GTO GATOR® can operate at any point on the performance curve pulsation free andhydraulically stable resulting in years of trouble free service.
Download Product Brochure.
Inpro®Labyrinth Oil Seals.High quality oil seals keep outside environmentalcontaminants from entering the lubrication media, greatly extending bearing life.
- Large Sight Glass. Bull’s-eye sight glass 1-1/4″ simplifies oil level and oil condition monitoring that is critical to bearing life.
- Powder Coated Oil Sump Lining. Fusion Bonded Polyester process- TGIC designed to remove impurities in the castings and applied to the interior surface of the power frame oil sump that provides an impenetrable barrier between the iron frame and the oil, enhancing the long-term quality and cleanliness of the lubricating oil.
- Magnetic Drain Plug. A safety feature designed to magnetically collect damaging metallic contaminants away from the bearings.
- Heavy-Duty Shaft Bearings. X-Life Precision Bearings have extremely high reliability and extend bearing life with added benefits of smooth running, noise reduction, and reduced energy consumption.
- Monitoring Locations. Power frame has bearing monitor feature to allow RTD insertion for bearing temperature monitoring and optional areas can be added for vibration monitoring.
HOW DOES THE GTO GATOR® OPERATE?
- Liquid enters the pump via the suction line (Blue) of the specially designed, interchangeable distribution manifold, passes the mechanical seal (the mechanical seal is only under suction pressure), and enters the rotor cover where it is accelerated to a speed identical to the rotor speed creating a liquid ring.
- The liquid ring travels at the same peripheral speed as the rotor and this moving ﬂuid has a velocity head.
- The stationary, wing-shaped Pitot tube is placed inside the rotor and has a
circular opening located close to the inside of the rotor.
- This Pitot tube has a double function.
1) The liquid enters the Pitot tube
openings at the periphery of the
rotating rotor. This is where the
velocity is the greatest.
2) As the liquid enters the Pitot
tube (Red) much of its kinetic
energy is converted into pressure
energy by the internal shape
of the Pitot tube. Using this
operating principle, relatively high
pressures can be obtained in a
single stage process.
- The pump generates a pulsation free ﬂow and has a stable NPSHr curve.