The GTO RHINO® has been developed for low flow, high pressure applications. THe Pitot tube desing produces a stable, pulsation free flow. The ability to operate with low minimum flow makes the pump suitable for a wide variety of applications, within its performance envelope.
- Meets API 610 Standards
- Heavy Duty Power Frame
- Higher Operating Speeds / Pressures
- Two Year Power Frame Warranty
- Variety of Seal Flush Plans
- CE Compliant for European Customers
- Large Sight Glass. Bull’s-eye sight glass 1-1/4″ simplifies oil level and oil condition monitoring that is critical to bearing life.
- Powder Coated Oil Sump Lining. Fusion Bonded Polyester process- TGIC designed to remove impurities in the castings and applied to the interior surface of the power frame oil sump that provides an impenetrable barrier between the iron frame and the oil, enhancing the long-term quality and cleanliness of the lubricating oil.
- Magnetic Drain Plug. A safety feature designed to magnetically collect damaging metallic contaminants away from the bearings.
- Heavy-Duty Shaft Bearings. X-Life Precision Bearings have extremely high reliability and extend bearing life with added benefits of smooth running, noise reduction, and reduced energy consumption.
- Monitoring Locations. Power frame has bearing monitor feature to allow RTD insertion for bearing temperature monitoring and optional areas can be added for vibration monitoring.
HOW DOES THE GTO RHINO® OPERATE?
- Liquid enters the pump via the suction line (Yellow) of the specially designed, interchangeable distribution manifold, passes the mechanical seal (the mechanical seal is only under suction pressure), and enters the rotor cover where it is accelerated to a speed identical to the rotor speed creating a liquid ring.
- The liquid ring travels at the same peripheral speed as the rotor increasing pressure and rotational velocity.
- The stationary, wing-shaped Pitot tube is placed inside the rotor and has a circular opening located close to the inside of the rotor.
- This Pitot tube has a double function:
1) The liquid enters the Pitot tube openings at the periphery of the rotating rotor. This is where pressure and velocity are the greatest.
2) As the liquid enters the Pitot tube (Red) much of its kinetic energy is converted into pressure energy by the internal shape of the Pitot tube. Using this operating principle, relatively high pressures can be obtained in a single stage process.
- The pump generates a pulsation free ﬂow and has a stable NPSHr curve.